- Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission - http://www.ethics.ga.gov -
Posted By gaethics On May 9, 2012 @ 4:34 pm In | 2 Comments
|Executive Director (A0139)|
|Requisition Number: CFC-A0139aa
County of Vacancy: Fulton
Functional Area: General Support Services
|Recruitment Period: 1/13/2015 – 2/1/2015
Number of Openings: 1
Screening Type: Resume Review
|Statewide job statistics for job code A0139…|
Annual Salary Minimum: N/A
Annual Salary Maximum: N/A
Salary Details: Commensurate with Experience
Duties & Responsibilities: The Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission (formerly the State Ethics Commission) was established by state law (O.C.G.A. § 21-5-4) and carries out the Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Act (the “Act”) (O.C.G.A. §21-5-1, et. seq.). It is made up of five citizen commissioners, appointed by the Governor (who has three appointees – two from his own political party and one from the opposing political party), the Lieutenant Governor, and the Speaker of the House of Representatives. The Commission serves the public but our primary customers are Public Officials, Candidates for Public Office, Campaign and Non Campaign Committees and Lobbyists, as well as researchers and the media.
The Executive Director, along with the Commission, is responsible for the impartial, uniform and effective enforcement of the Act. The Executive Director reports to and serves at the pleasure of the Commission. The position requires some travel, public speaking, and participation in appropriate state, regional, and national forums and organizations.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Executive Director will be responsible for the following:
• Managing the overall operation of the Commission, the Commission staff and directing all investigative, advisory, reporting, enforcement, administrative, financial, and educational responsibilities of the Commission.
• Monitoring and managing the Commission’s budget, including reviewing and analyzing the budget on a periodic and annual basis, working with the Governor’s Office, the Office of Personnel and Budget, the General Assembly, as well as the State Accounting Office and the Secretary of State.
• Acting as the Commission’s rulemaking coordinator, both internally and externally, reviewing all rules annually and proposing any necessary changes or additions thereto.
• Serving as a liaison with the General Assembly, the Governor’s Office, and any others necessary in the context of legislation impacting the Commission or its mission.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES / COMPETENCIES
The preferred applicant will possess the following:
• The ability to organize, plan, develop, implement, and manage an ethics regulatory system.
• Advanced supervisory and management skills and experience, and possess the ability to manage the staff of the Commission
• Exceptional organizational skills, problem-solving abilities, as well as general and legal research and analytical skills.
• Excellent communication and writing skills; and have exceptional diplomatic skills in relating and communicating on many different levels and the ability interact and report to the Commission.
• In-depth knowledge of relevant laws, rules, regulations, and polices of the Commission;
Agency Specific Qualifications and/or Preferred Qualifications: MINIMUM EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS.
• Possession of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
• Previous management experience;
• A valid Georgia Driver’s License and an acceptable driving record.
• Proficiency in using a personal computer and Microsoft Office software programs.
• Positive attitude;
• Superior work ethic.
Preference will be given to applicants who, in addition to meeting the above minimum qualifications, possess the following:
• Have a law degree, have passed the Georgia Bar, AND have at least ten (10) years professional experience in government, management or a complex legal field.
• Significant management and leadership experience in government.
Additional Information: Due to the volume of applications received, we are unable to provide information on application status by phone or e-mail. All qualified applicants will be considered, but may not necessarily receive an interview. Selected applicants will be contacted by the hiring agency for next steps in the selection process. Applicants who are not selected will not receive notification.
This position is subject to close at any time once a satisfactory applicant pool has been identified.
For more information about this job contact:*
*Note: This contact may be able to provide answers to specific questions you have about this job posting. However, DO NOT e-mail or submit your application/resume to this contact unless directed otherwise in the “Additional Information” section above.
To apply for this job, click here –> .
Article printed from Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission: http://www.ethics.ga.gov
URL to article: http://www.ethics.ga.gov/about-us/employment-opportunities/
URLs in this post:
 http://www.ethics.ga.gov: http://www.ethics.ga.gov/
 Image: http://www.careers.ga.gov/MyJobsearch/logintoapply.asp?ReqAction=AddJob&ReqNum=CFC-A0139aa
Copyright © 2011 Georgia Government Transparency and Campaign Finance Commission. All rights reserved.